With my charming friend and client here this week, I have been living, dreaming, breathing brocante for the past couple of days.
Here is a little loot shoot to show you the bits that I picked up. As you know, when I take people shopping , they get first dibs, and I spend more time on their purchases than looking for myself, but I was still happy to find these bits........
a silver plate teapot for one; and some linen lettered bags
two great sheets, CS and MS;
a fantastic sturdy grain bag with a bold stripe;
a sweet portrait of a jack russel, painted on canvas and unframed;
and a pair of wonderful big jute sacks, just love the lettering and the black cross;
I love everything I bought, but I admit to having a favourite ....
this painting on a canvas, was almost certainly a study for a tapestry. I simply adore the colours, and the gentle atmosphere. Not sure as yet of the best way to use it or show it, it seems a shame to cut or fold it onto a neat edged frame ..... thinking on it ..... if you want to give me your ideas then I'm listening!
Voilà! Hope you're having a fun weekend
thank you for reading me
0 comments:
Post a Comment