Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

how do you store your photos?

Just one of the wonderful things about the blogging world is that you can get instant and honest opinions from a huge number of people on just about any subject.  In the past I have asked your opinion on paint colour for shutters, and window treatment in our guest cottage but today, dear friends, I am asking you to apply your technical mind !!  OK,  not too technical, because I wouldn't understand a word of it, but I'd like to know what solutions you use for storing all your photos.




At present I am using Picasa, but I have a couple of issues with them, including the unreasonable amount of space they require on my computer and rumours of google accessing my database via my photos.  Urban legends maybe, but whatever, I think I am ready for a change.

I want a system that allows me to download my photos from my camera, or possibly from the internet;  I want to be able to crop, enhance etc, make a few buttons, play around with fonts.  I like to store an original of each shot, and to file the reworked version by theme.

I'm looking at Adobe Elements, but I'm not sure if the basic version is interesting enough, and of course I don't want to spend megabucks on the professional one.

So what would you advise me to use?  What do you use? Are you happy with your system.  Thank you so much for taking a moment to help me on this one. 



Gibson asked me to tell you that he'll give his favourite sock to whoever leaves  the best suggestion - and I bet you don't get an offer like that everyday!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

'by invitation only' (9) 9031 (1) advice to Daphne (6) Agent Gallery Chicago (1) alberto nicolau (1) ANZAC (1) apron (1) art (24) Australia (3) authentic french (6) autumn (4) award (3) baccalaureate (1) bathroom (3) batttling with blogger (1) bed linen (5) bedroom (23) being ruby (2) black and white (1) blogging (19) blogging and art (5) Blogiversary (1) blue france (1) books (4) brocante (103) brocante tours (23) cap ferrat (1) cause (15) ce mercredi je mange (32) ceramics (2) chairs (16) chalk paint (1) charlie (2) chateau d'emalleville (5) chateau de miserey (1) chateau de vendeuvre (1) chateau miserey (3) chateaux (4) chatting with you (9) chatting wth you (2) chère Charlotte (2) children (3) china cupboards (2) chocolates (3) christmas (61) christmas wishes (2) claude monet (1) Cloches (1) coffee tables (1) color (85) colors (2) corsica (2) creating in Normandy (2) Creating Vintage Charm (1) Curiosities (7) cushion (2) daffodils (2) debauve et gallais (1) Decorating (44) Design (36) designing tips (58) desks (1) disappointment (1) DIY (31) dogs (35) dolls house (1) Droog (1) dwell (2) easter (1) entertaining (13) escape (29) espadrilles (1) Ethnic Chic (15) etsy (5) Etsy Shopping (30) event (3) exams (1) exhibition (3) fabrice alberti (3) family (9) family life (18) Favorite Before and Afters (2) Feathered Nest Friday (56) Feathered Nest Friday Holiday (6) fiction (15) FIFI O'NEILL (1) fireplaces (1) flags (1) Flea Finds (30) Flickr (2) flip clock (1) flower arrangements (57) foire a tout (3) food (2) forest (4) France (40) free downloads (1) french architecture (62) french bed linen (4) french dressing (2) French fashion (5) French food (49) French holidays (5) french houses (76) french living (58) French men (2) French style (35) french traditions (26) french village life (8) French women (9) FrenchByDesign (27) friends (1) fun prints (15) galette des rois (4) gardening (3) gardens (14) giveaway (18) giverny (5) good read (4) grain sacks (1) grand palais (1) graphic fairy (2) Greece (1) growing older (3) guest artist (1) Guest Cottage (1) halloween (1) Halloween Kmart (1) Happy New Year (1) haven in paris (1) holiday (17) Holidays (11) Home (92) home made cakes (1) home office (9) horses (25) hostess gift (1) Hotze Eisma (1) house for sale (17) house hunting (1) House Tour (167) impressionist (1) in our valley (54) industrial (52) inside my house (35) Inspiration (531) Inspirations (12) interiors (14) Italy (4) Joss & Main (1) Kids Corner (14) kitchen (9) Klelly Wieck (1) Kmart (2) Kmart Outdoor Living (3) lamps (12) landscapes (2) Las Vegas (1) life (4) lily of the valley (1) living in France (8) lLving France (1) loot shoot (48) Lowes Creative Ideas (1) lunch at my house (3) maison for sale (7) me (46) media (21) mention in a magazine (3) military (2) mix (9) MoMA Store (1) mon bouquet du jour (40) monogrammes (3) moodbaord (27) Morocco (6) my french country brocante (5) my French girlfriends (10) my garden (54) Nature (20) next month in Paris (3) normandy (5) original shelving (24) our guest cottage (9) Outdoor Living (1) paint colour (2) painted furniture (1) painting (4) parenting (3) paris (42) parisienne farmgilr (1) Pets (1) philosphy (1) photography (102) photographyp (1) picnic (1) pinned (9) polo (1) ponies (1) pool balls (1) Portugal (1) Post Road Vintage (1) project genesis (1) provence (18) RACHEL ASHWELL (1) recipe (1) recipes (29) recycling (2) redesign (1) Referral (1) Remodel (8) remodeling (49) rescued vintage (57) respelido (1) Romantic Homes Magazine (1) salon maison et objet (1) San Diego (1) Sandbox (10) scandinavia (59) Seasons (9) Shabby (1) SHABBY CHIC (3) shop vintage (45) shopping in Paris (4) shopping list (46) short story (3) shutters (2) sia (1) sissinghurst (1) south of France (17) Spain (13) sponsorship (1) st tropez (1) staying in our valley (5) steel locker baskets (1) styling magazine (6) summer holidays (1) sunday show and tell (1) Swedish interiors (17) table settings (4) tablescapes (3) Taverne agency (2) tea-time (1) teenage daughters (3) teenagers (9) thank you (1) thanksgiving (3) this week we're eating .. (20) toile de jouy (1) Tours (2) travel (9) Treasure Finds (124) trend (51) trouvais (1) turner (1) tutorial (11) Tutorials (5) typography (182) Vacation (7) vallee de l'eure (9) vfrench traditions (1) vintage linens (4) visiting france (3) visiting paris (1) weddings (1) when I grow up (3) white (56) william wordsworth (1) your opinion please (10)
 
Powered by Blogger.